Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Studio Grand Opening!

I wanted to wait until it was official to share the news, but I am thrilled to announce that Karen Fish Photography now has studio space...other than my living room, that is! I found this great space on Lower Greenville that is shared by a handful of portrait and wedding photographers. (And it's a nice bonus that it is less than a mile from my house!) The studio takes up a large portion of the second story of a neat old building a few blocks south of Belmont. It has a great set up for backdrops and top-notch lighting equipment, but the bonus is a wonderful natural light shooting area as well, with exposed brick and hardwood floors. And this is really some of the prettiest natural light I have had the pleasure of shooting with in a long time. (Okay, my husband laughs at me when I get this excited about light, but it's what I do!)

So, to celebrate, I'm making a special offer. All regular in-studio sessions for the month of August are just $75 (rather than the regular $125 sitting fee). Please contact me soon to secure your appointment - August is already booking up, particularly on the weekends!

A few evenings ago, we took Alex up to the studio so I could experiment. Her window of cooperation was very short - it was approaching 7pm and the poor child hadn't eaten dinner, so I guess I asked for this meltdown! But before the meltdown, I did manage to capture some cute shots that can give you a feel for the natural light area. She didn't last long enough for me to experiment with the backdrops, too, but we'll head back for that another time!




I had my first client session in the studio this afternoon - with the most adorable little 3 month-old. He had the biggest, most kissable cheeks I have seen in a long time! I don't have those photos to post yet, but check back soon!

1 comment:

Allison Craig said...

Congratulations Karen! That is so exciting! I love that you have a blog I check it often and really enjoy seeing your work. Alex couldn't be any cuter either. Hope we get to see you all soon.